What is Mantiz Venus eGPU?
- Mantiz eGPU can unleash your laptop limitation to reach to the AAA game level & complex graphic tasks such as AutoCad, Photoshop, 3dMax Pro Apps..etc.
Is Mantiz Venus eGPU compatible with MacOS ?
- Mantiz Venus eGPU is compatible with MacOS 10.13.4, please check the below compatible graphic cards.
is Mantiz Venus compatible with Mac Bootcamp?
- Officially NO, for more detail, please contact us by online FB messenger
Is Mantiz Venus compatible with MacOS with Nvidia graphic card?
- Officially No, for more detail, please contact us by online FB messenger.
Can I use any Type C cable to connect with Mantiz eGPU or docking?
- Mantiz Venus eGPU leverage on Thunderbolt™ technology, which is able to provide 40Gbps bandwidth & power delivery of 87W to the laptop. It requires the Thunderbolt™ 3 logo Cable.
What are the compatible Graphic Cards for Mantiz Venus eGPU? ( Windows 10 in Black, MacOS in RED )
What is the reason AMD Vega 64 is not in the compatible list.
- AMD Vega 64 reached to the peak current to 750W, and performance in Mac10.13.4 is about the same with Vega 56. so we don't recommend it for the time being.
What is the minimum system requirement?
- Hardware: Intel 6th Generation Skylake Platform Core I3 or higher with Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C Connector.
- OS: Windows 10 home or higher & MacOS 10.13.4 or higher.
Do I need to install any drivers?
- Update notebook to the latest BIOS from manufacturer.
- Update chipset driver from Notebook support /Driver Download site, especially the Thunderbolt controller, Intel Sierial IO Driver, Management engine Interface Driver, Intel Thunderbolt FW update.
- Update Windows to the latest version and connect to eGPU, it will appears as a new graphic card in device manager . If still not able to detect, proceed to AMD/Nividia website for latest GPU drivers update.
- For MacOS 10.13.4 users, just hot plug & Play with compatible graphic cards.
Can Mantiz eGPU supports Plug & play?
- Yes, Mantiz eGPU support hot plug & play ( Windows 10/MacOS 10.13.4 ).
Will Mantiz eGPU supply power to my laptop?
- Yes, through the Mantiz Thunderbolt™ 3 cable, it provides 87W to the laptop.
Do I need to turn ON/OFF Mantiz eGPU?
- There is no ON/OFF button on Mantiz eGPU. But there's I/O in the PSU, When connected via Mantiz Thunderbolt 3 Cable to the laptop, Mantiz eGPU immediately turn on.(Make sure the main power supply is switch ON)
Can Mantiz eGPU turn on w/o connect a laptop?
- it must be link with the laptop via attached Thunderbolt cable.
Can Mantiz eGPU accelerate my Intel display?
- Yes, it can accelerate your internal display on Windows 10 devices.
Can Mantiz eGPU attach an external SSD or 2.5" HDD?
- Yes, it can. There's a SATA port & SATA power in the system.
Will it reduce the bandwidth /FPS when I use the USB ports?
- No, it will not, FPS performance is the same with or without using the USB ports due to Intel's dynamic FW in Mantiz Venus.
What is the wattage of the USB ports?
Can I update the firmware by myself?
- Yes, by Windows 10 device or Bootcamp from Mac.
Why my mouse / KB is lag while using the Mantiz Venus? How to fix it?
- Some certain Mouse/Keyboard ( especially the mouse ) will be with EMI leakage, and that extra EMI will interfere with the eGPU internal USB transmission.
- solution 1: connect the mouse to laptop directly.
- solution 2: Contact us to get a USB fix FW update. ( only need to apply if you have USB Mouse/Keyboard lagged ).